Bring your family and friends to enjoy an unforgettable afternoon with a breathtaking video mapping show.
The International Childhood Cancer Day is a traditional European event aiming for better care of the pediatric cancer patients and raising awareness of the Pediatric Oncology.
Join us at the 1st Annual Childhood Cancer Day and help us spread awareness about Pediatric Oncology.
Date: February 15, 2015
Venue: Náměstí Jana Palacha, Prague
Organized by: Association of parents Haima CZ
The International Childhood Cancer Day is a symbol of the bravery of the pediatric oncology patients and their families. It’s a tribute to children who successfully completed the treatment and remembrance of those who didn’t survive.
- důraz na varovné příznaky dětských nádorů a nutnost včasné návštěvy lékaře
- ozřejmění faktů a mýtů o rakovině v dětském věku
- emphasis on the early warning symptoms and necessity of the timely doctor’s appointment
- elucidation of the facts and myths about pediatric cancer
- introduction of the previous achievements of the Czech science and research in the field of pediatric cancer
- reminder that there’s more that 80% chance of survival of the pediatric cancer patients
- problem of the insufficient funding of the Pediatric Oncology research causing the 17% death rate in selective Pediatric oncology diagnosis
The medical part of the program informs about Pediatric Oncology (tumor incidence in childhood, diagnosis, survival rate, science and research).
The entertainment part will offer an unforgettable experience for everybody.
- discussions with former child patients
- fact and myths about pediatric cancer
- warning symptoms of pediatric tumors
Download the PDF version of the program here
Jíří has been for a long time a regular a the events for the Pediatric Oncology patients. He’s been in touch with the families of the child patients and helps to get this matter into the public consciousness.
We honored to have Jíří Mádl as the ambassador of the 1st Annual Childhood Cancer Day. Thank you, Jiří!
Since 2011, the International Childhood Cancer Day has been held annually on February 15 under the auspices of European Parliament in number of European capitals. Czech Republic is honored to join this initiative in 2015. More.. More...
15000 children suffer from the malignant tumor annually
3000 children die annually as a result of cancer
500000 Europeans underwent an oncology treatment as children
20-40% of former child patients suffer from after-effect of the treatment
Incidence: 350 children annually
Most frequent tumors in the childhood: acute leukemia, brain tumors
Pediatric tumors account for approximately 1% of all tumor diseases
The Pediatric cancer is treated in 8 Pediatric Oncology and Hematology units in Czech Republic (Prague, Brno, Plzeň, Olomouc, Ostrava, České Budějovice, Hradec Králové, Ústí nad Labem)
Success rate of the treatment is 83%
European-wide initiative to strengthen the overall social responsibility in the matter of Pediatric Oncology
The Europen Society for Pediatric Oncology (SIOPe – Société Internationale Oncologie Pediatrique Europe)
International Confederation of Childhood Cancer Parents Organization(ICCCPO)
- better funding of the research and clinical trials in the Pediatric Oncology
- increasing awareness of the Pediatric Oncology
- follow-up measures of the oncology treatment after-effects
The 1st Annual Childhood Cancer Day is organized by the parents association HAIMA CZ of the Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital in Motol, supported by the SIOPe Manifesto.
ČT1, Události, 11.2.2015
ČT1, Studio 6, 14.2.2015
TV Nova, Televizní noviny, 15.2.2015
ČT1, Sama doma, 12.2.2015
TV Nova, Snídaně s Novou, 12.2.2015
Český rozhlas Dvojka, 10.2.2015 time: 8:46
Český rozhlas Radiožurnál, 10.2.2015 time: 23:06
Český rozhlas Víkendový Ranní Radiožurnál, 15.2.2015 time: 20:49
Český rozhlas, Zprávy, 15.2.2015
Pražský deník 15.2.2015
Pražský deník, 16.2.2015
TV Praha, Zprávy, 15.2.2015